Philippine Exporters Confederation Inc., Region XI – Davao
2nd General Membership Meeting Highlights
October 12, 2012
11:30 am – 3:30 pm
Grand Men Seng Hotel
Davao City, October 12, 2012 – Philippine Exporters Confederation, Inc. Region XI – Davao held its second General Membership Meeting at the Grand Men Seng Hotel. Over fifty member companies from all over the Davao region were represented in the event; guests included representatives from the government sector, shipping lines and the Davao City Chamber of Commerce.
The following are the highlights of the 2nd General Membership Meeting held at Grand Men Seng Hotel on October 12, 2012.
1. Induction of New Members
Nineteen (19) new member companies of the chapter were inducted by Mr. Domingo Ang, PhilExport Region XI – Davao Chairman:
- Agro-K Philippines Corporation
- Asian Fruit Market Source Co., Inc.
- Comval Tropical Fruit, Inc.
- Dizon Agro-Industrial, Inc.
- Fatihriza International Trade Corporation
- First Zues Resources, Inc.
- JRMT Resources Corporation
- Juventasphil Corporation
- LB’s Sugarflowers Plus, Philippines
- Liberty Banana Growers Multi Purpose Cooperative
- LMH Agricultural Development Corporation
- Mindanao Activated Carbon Corporation
- Philips Carbon, Inc.
- RASCTORP INC. (Roche and Sons Trading Corp. Inc.)
- Sarangani Agriventures, Inc.
- Sarap Fruits Agriventure Incorporated
- SMWPI Wood Products, Inc.
- Zues Solution Advance, Inc.
2. Presentation of amended by-laws
Ms. Angel Abella, OIC, presented the amended by-laws to the assembly and it was former Chairman, Mr. Bonifacio Tan, who motioned to ratify the amendments and was seconded by member, Mr. Miguel Tajon.
3. President’s Report
Mr. Ferdinand Marañon talked about the chapter’s recent undertakings such as the Strategic Planning Session, outbound trade mission in Dubai with fellow trustee Mr. Rene Dalayon. He also announced plans for a food terminal, banana based-feeding program, First Mindanao Banana Congress and plans for capacity-building for members through trainings and seminars.
4. Guest Speakers
- Engr. Gemma Trozo of the Bureau of Customs on Export Declaration process flow.
- Mr. Andres Alemania of the Bureau of Plant Quarantine on Quarantine Certifications and Phytosanitary Requirements.
- Arch. Agnes Valencia of the Davao City Chamber of Commerce promoting DAVAO ICON.
5. Open Forum
The following concerns were brought up by the members during the open forum:
- Stringent requirements of the Bureau of Plant Quarantine.
- The chapter’s inactivity for some time.
6. Promotion of the Mindanao Banana Congress
The Mindanao Banana Congress is spearheaded by PhilExport Region XI – Davao in cooperation with the Department of Agriculture and other government and private sectors. The event will be held on November 7-8, 2012 at the SMX Convention Center.